RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Your Future in Nursing Begins Here.
The RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program expands your clinical skills through a foundation of the liberal arts, sciences, and humanities.
The RN to BSN program consists of three sections:
Major Core Requirements
Community Nursing Experience
No specific login times
No waiting — Six start dates per year
Top 20 Ranking for Exceptional Online Education — One of the top 20 Best Online Colleges in North Carolina by Accredited Schools Online. The organization analyzed data from hundreds of schools nationally with online Bachelor’s degrees. Those on the list offer the most notable balance of academic rigor, student support, and affordability for online learning. To view the list, click here.
Potential Career Options
- Charge Nurse
- Graduate Education
“I chose UMO’s RN-BSN program because I needed to participate in an online program that would allow me to work full-time, and that would also allow me to be at home as much as possible to spend quality time with my family.”
To qualify for admission, you must have the following:
- Associate degree or diploma in nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- Active and unencumbered RN license that is recognized by the State of NC and other compact states
In order to sign up for online classes at UMO, you must have regular access to the Internet and email, as well as, be familiar with creating, formatting, and attaching Microsoft Word documents.
APPLYING IS EASY!
An admission counselor is standing by to answer your questions. View our admissions page and learn more to get started.Apply Now
Degree Course Requirements
Program Course Details
RN to BSN Courses
- NUR 300 Transition to Baccalaureate Nursing (3)
- NUR 320 Intro to Nursing Leadership (3)
- NUR 330 Laws and Ethics for Healthcare Professionals (3)
- NUR 340 Transcultural Nursing (3)
- NUR 360 Health Policy and Issues in Nursing (3)
- NUR 440 Community Nursing (3)
- NUR 480 Nursing Professional Development (3)
- NUR 455 Nursing Theory (3)
- NUR 465 Applied Statistics for Nursing (3)
- NUR 475 Introduction to Evidence Based Practice (3)
- NUR 485 Introduction to Nursing Research (3)
- NUR 495 Evidence Based Practice Project Proposal (3)
General Elective: 18 semester-credit hours
A degree you can afford.
Tuition & fees:
- $425 per semester-credit hour
- Active duty military pricing: $200 per semester credit hour
- No Application Fee
- No Technology Fee
- $50 confirmation deposit applied toward tuition
Students in the Online Program at the University of Mount Olive benefit from generous transfer credit policies.
- $14,875 for students transferring in 94 credits
- $21,250 for students transferring in 76 credits
- $51,875 for students transferring in 40 credits
Financial Aid Breakdown of Online Students*
*Percentage of total students with valid FAFSA who attended either Fall or Spring semester at least half time and submitted a valid 2015/2016 FAFSA. Eligibility for Unsubsidized Direct Loans is 100% as long as the student has not exhausted their lifetime limits. Numbers in the chart included students who may have declined this fund.
Explore some of the other exciting online programs being offered at UMO:
Answer: At the University of Mount Olive, class sizes are small, so you receive focused attention. Coursework is asynchronous and may be completed any time of the day or night from wherever you have an Internet connection. More importantly, our generous transfer credit policies allow you to earn your degree quickly and affordably. Read More »
Obtain your RN to BSN from the University of Mount Olive’s Online Programs. Have questions? Contact Nina Ciric, online admission counselors today!